Frequently Asked Questions.
Here are some common questions about DUO Canada.
What is DUO Canada?
DUO Canada is a subscription service that assigns a local number from the selected DUO country to the registered Globe Prepaid, Postpaid or TM mobile number. Callers from Canada can dial the assigned DUO number, giving them a ‘local’ calling experience. The service provides people abroad a much affordable call rate compared to the standard IDD call rates to the Philippines.
Who can avail of DUO Canada?
How does DUO Canada work?
Once registered to the service, you or your contact’s Globe/TM mobile number will be assigned an Canada Local number that will serve as your DUO Canada number within 24 hours, valid for 30 days.
You or your contact will then be able to receive* calls on your DUO International number through your Globe/TM mobile number.
Note: *You cannot use your DUO Canada number to make outgoing calls or texts. This is designed to receive incoming calls only.
What are the benefits of DUO Canada vs other IDD Promos?
- DUO International is Globe’s only offer that allows a subscriber to have his own Canada Local number.
- People abroad can call you as often as they want and will be charged domestic rates instead of having to spend on IDD calls. This applies as long as the mobile or landline number the caller has the same country code as the DUO Canada Local number.
- The rate to call a DUO Canada number is also flexible, as it will be solely determined by the Canada mobile or landline plan. The caller from abroad will be charged based on his or her existing landline or mobile subscription plan.
How do I register DUO Canada?
- Visit and select the City/Area.
- Click “Subscribe” then “Pay via Credit Card”
- Fill-out the form and click the “Subscribe” button.
- Pay the amount via Visa/ Mastercard Credit or Debit card.
- Subscriber will receive an email notification containing the International Number
- Registered Globe Postpaid/Prepaid or TM mobile number will also receive an SMS notification with the assigned International number.
How much DUO Canada and how long is the validity of the service?
From May 1, 2018, DUO Canada will be offered at a increased price of USD 39.00 instead of US $13.99 regular price.
We’d love to hear from you.
If you have any questions about our services, Please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.